Slows To Go will be open regular hours Sunday 4/20. Place your order today!
April 19, 2014
March 25, 2014
We're currently looking for hard-working employees to add to our team. We're accepting applications for all positions.
We're a fast-paced kitchen operating three businesses in one. We're a commissary kitchen providing much of the food for Slows Bar Bq on Michigan Avenue. We're a carryout restaurant & we're a full-service caterer. Working with us means working in any one of these areas, plus working weddings, at our booths at Detroit's biggest festivals, inside Ford Field at Lions home games, and much more.
To find out more about our current openings and to apply, please click the EMPLOYMENT link on the left. All applications will be reviewed. We'll invite qualified candidates to attend our upcoming Spring Job Fair at Slows Bar Bq Monday April 7th at 2pm.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
March 15, 2014
The Nain Rouge is back!
On the weekend of March 23, join 4,000 revelers to celebrate the one year anniversary of the departure of the Nain Rouge, the fiendish imp intent on ruining Detroit. Hopefully he will leave us in peace in 2014…
Here are Slows To Go we're getting into the spirit with a couple of specials.
The Ruby Sandwich: house cured & smoked pastrami, melted chihuahua cheese, Slows kraut, South Carolina mustard sauce. $8.49 We also brought back our Vegetarian Red Beans & Rice $3.99
Check http://marchedunainrouge.com/ for info on other local specials & events.
The Main Event: Le Marche Du Nain Rouge
- The Marche du Nain Rouge proper begins at 1 p.m. in the parking lot of Traffic Jam & Snug, 511 W. Canfield St., as revelers celebrate the spring equionox and lay a solid groundwork for hope for the upcoming year, just in case the Nain should try something dastardly.
- The Marche processes along Cass Avenue through the North Cass Corridor
- Revelers are encouraged to come masked or fully costumed; groups are encouraged to join in the fun with DIY chariots.
- There is no cost, just come out and have a good time.
When the parade is done, stick around for the after parties! Check out the list below.
The Run Du Nain Rouge
- This year’s Marche begins with a run – the second annual Run du Nain Rouge, brought to you by the good folks at Tour de Troit.
- The 5k run begins at 11 a.m., at the corner of Cass and Canfield.
- The fee for the run (the Marche is free) is $35, which includes a t-shirt.
- The top 10 (and bottom 15) runners will win prizes from City Bird.
- Click here to register.
A PRÈS LA FÊTE (AFTER PARTIES)
What’s the word? After parties.
- Nothing Elegant at the Old Miami, 3930 Cass Ave.